Now that I am finished with my online classes (Yay!!!) I have decided to try this blog thing. I love to read friend's and family member's blogs and see the fun things that they are doing in their lives so I thought, what the heck I might as well share the fun things that are going on in my family's life.
I was planning on starting a blog after I got married, but I was right smack dab in the middle of taking online classes (5 of them) from BYU-Idaho and I had limited free-time on my hands. I will pretend I started the blog after the wedding so that I don't have to do very much about pre-wedding life.
The Beginning of the Relationship
Last July, I was home for the summer and Dan had just barely gotten off of his mission to Guatemala. We had a tri-stake YSA activity at Catherine Creek Lodge where Dan and I met for the first time. My Aunt Penny, the matchmaker, introduced Dan to me, but I didn't remember meeting him there because I was distracted by seeing a family friend who I hadn't seen in quite a while and I was trying to figure out how she knew Aunt Penny. That Fall I went back to BYU-Idaho and Dan went to Eastern Oregon University. During Christmas break Aunt Penny had Dan come to our Waite Family Christmas party and she introduced us, again. We went on a date the next day, neither of us expecting our relationship to go any further because two days later I would be returning to Rexburg and Dan would be going to Mountain Home for an internship. We had a really good time on the date (it was a horse ride so of course we had fun) and we said that we would stay in touch. We talked on the phone for the next couple of weeks and then we met up in Blackfoot at his oldest brother's house. After that evening I knew that I would marry him some day. We did the long distance thing where we would travel to see each other every 2-3 weekends. After three months of that we were engaged and three months after that we were married! It's crazy how things work out sometimes.
one of the engagement photos
The Wedding
We were married on June 8th, 2012 in the Columbia River Washington Temple. It was a busy, fun, crazy, amazing blur-of-a-day. I was so happy that so many of our family members were able to be there. All 10 of my siblings were there for the reception and most made it to the sealing. All of Dan's siblings were there that could be, he has a brother serving a mission in North Dakota, but 5 out of 6 is really good. The reception was so fun! Thanks to my wonderful parents, siblings, sister-in-laws, and friends the reception turned out so good. I'm so happy with the decorations and food and atmosphere. It was a fun party!
Everyone at that was at the temple!
We had a great photographer who was so fun and nice!
The food table at the reception : )
Stay tuned for the update on post-wedding life!

Very cute title!!!!! I spent forever trying to think of one and then just gave up.
ReplyDeleteI love your blog honey but the 62 year old can't read the writinning cause it is to small for me but the pictures are great. I will be back to ck on it each week.
ReplyDeleteLove you much
Donna and Doran De Graw
http://scrappnana.blogspot.com/